During the one-year fellowship program, there are five primary goals. They are:
- Development of the basic knowledge content of sports medicine as it relates to primary care medicine.
- To understand the role of exercise in health promotion and be able to prescribe an individual program for each patient.
- To emphasize injury prevention, management and rehabilitation of common exercise and sport related injuries, both acute and chronic.
- To acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the function of a team physician.
- To acquire the knowledge and skill necessary to perform scholarly research in the area of sports medicine and exercise science.
The fellow will achieve these goals by the completion of assigned core rotations. They are:
- Physical Therapy
- Sports Psychiatry
The fellows will be required to present a lecture six (6) times during the academic year at the South Pointe Hospital House Staff Lecture Series.
South Pointe Hospital ~ 20000 Harvard Road, Warrensville Hts., Ohio 44122 ~ Phone: 216.491.7460 ~ Fax: 216.491.7802