Residents will be entering in the ONMM 3 year. Rotations will be adjusted to meet the residents’ individual needs in fulfilling the residency standards as specified by ACGME.
Please see the Block diagram here.
13 rotations, including:
- 1 month longitudinal inpatient NMM rotation
- 1 month Orthopedics
- 1 month Neurology or Rheumatology
- 1 month Sports Medicine
- 1 month Inpatient NMM OB/Peds
- 1 month Pain Management or MSK Radiology
- 1 month PM&R (Adult or Pediatric)
6 Elective rotations from the following:
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Family Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Pain Management
- Podiatric Medicine
- Elective outpatient NMM rotation with NMM certified faculty
- NMM research month: may be scheduled longitudinally or as a one month rotation
- Our Inpatient NMM rotation uses two formats:
- a 1-month inpatient rotation specifically focusing on obstetrical and pediatric patients
- a longitudinal rotation throughout the academic year, completed at South Pointe Hospital, focusing on adult medical and surgical patients
- Longitudinal Academic/faculty development experience
The ONMM3 resident has the opportunity to participate in an elective academic medicine rotation, which consists of a formal NMM longitudinal teaching/faculty development curriculum, including assisting and directly teaching OMS1 and/or OMS2 students as well as OMS-2 Honors students under the supervision of NMM certified faculty, in collaboration with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OUHCOM).
*Curriculum subject to changes due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact Debbie Kenyon at email@example.com for all inquiries.